We take our responsibilities under data protection laws extremely seriously, including meeting these conditions.
To use your personal data, we will rely on one or more of the following conditions, depending on the activities we are carrying out:
- Performance of a Contract: We may need to use your personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations with you. These may include but are not limited to our obligations under the terms of a property lease or sale.
- Consent: We may need to use your personal data to provide you with details of properties that are available for letting or sale where you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so in the form of a specific request.
There is no obligation upon you to provide us with any information other than that required for the performance of contractual obligations. If you provide information to us we may be better able to provide you with relevant property information or services.
We will never spam you with irrelevant emails.
You may opt out or in of our email communications at any time.
You have the right to remove any information we may hold on you.
We will never sell, rent, make public or distribute your personal information.
What information do we collect about you and where is this information stored?
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This may include:
- Personal details, such as your name and address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Proof of identity (to comply with Money Laundering Regulations).
- Financial data to establish affordability (to comply with MLR).
- Other information you may supply that is relevant to your enquiry or contract.
We collect information about you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, we use your information for:
- internal necessary record keeping.
- contacting you with information relevant to your specific enquiry.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our services.
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
How long do we hold onto personal information?
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending upon the type of information and the reason we collected it from you. In some cases, personal information may be retained on a long-term basis, for example personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements. Generally where there is no legal requirement we retain all physical and electronic records for a period of six years.
Your rights and access to your information and correction
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data. These are set out below. You may contact us to exercise any of these rights, and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
- A right to access personal data held by us about you.
- A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
- A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data.
- A right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but you require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims.
- A right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request.
- A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you.
- A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Grantham Estates is a trading name which encompasses the activities of:
- Grantham Investments Ltd
- Springfield Park Properties Ltd
- Springfield Park Properties (Grantham) Ltd
- Sleaford Property Developments Ltd
- Stamford Property Company Ltd
- Hindmarch Properties Ltd
- Caunt Properties Ltd
- Caunt Private Pension Trust
- Minerva SIPP 0227
- Industrial Estates Consortium